Aam Aadmi Party makes a commitment to the People of Delhi to serve and uphold, JUSTICE, LIBERTY, EQUALITY, FRATERNITY enshrined in the PREAMBLE to the Constitution of India as fundamental to our Governance model.
Aam Aadmi Party is perhaps the only political party in independent India that fulfilled a large majority of its election promises made in the last Assembly elections. Some of the prominent promises fulfilled were – world class education system, mohalla clinics, providing free water and subsidized electricity, WiFi, CCTVs and marshalls for women safety in public buses.
Having built the foundation, now is the me to accelerate the pace of development of Delhi. Aam Aadmi Party will not only continue all its pro-people policies such as 200 units of free electricity, 20,000 litres of free water every month, free bus ride for women, focus on education and health but has also drawn a roadmap to make Delhi a truly world class city in the next 5 years.
The roadmap is divided in two parts: a list of 10 guarantees by Arvind Kejriwal to the people of Delhi, and an extended list of initiatives that will complement the 10 guarantees in building a Delhi of our dreams.
10 Guarantees of Arvind Kejriwal
1. Jagmagaati Delhi
- Scheme of 24 hours uninterrupted power supply, free upto 200 units will be continued
- Promise of underground cable to bring electricity to every household
2. Piped Drinking Water to Every Household
- 24 hour pure piped water to be made available to every household
- Scheme of providing 20,000 litres of free water for every household will be continued
3. India’s Best Education Facility
- World class education facility to be made available for every child
4. Affordable, Accessible and Advanced Healthcare Facilities
- Holistic healthcare facilities to be provided to every family through Mohalla Clinics and state-of-the-art hospitals
5. Biggest and Cheapest Public Transportation System
- Public transportation system with over 11,000 buses and over 500 km metro stretch for last mile connectivity
- Free bus ride scheme to be made available to students along with women
6. Pollution Free Delhi
- Reduce pollution to a third of current levels
- Over 2 crore trees to be planted for a greener Delhi
- Yamuna to be cleaned and rejuvenated
7. Clean Delhi, Bright Delhi
- Delhi will be made garbage and debris free
8. Safer Delhi for Women
- Mohalla Marshals’ to be appointed for enhanced security, in addition to CCTV cmers, streetlights, and Bus Marshals
9. Basic Amenities for Unauthorized Colonies
- Unauthorized colonies to be provided access to good roads, clean drinking water, sewage system, Mohall Clinics, and CCTV cameras
10. Jahaan Jhuggi, Wahin Makan
- Slum-dwellers of Delhi to be provided pucca housing for a dignified living condition
Apart from implementing the 10 guarantees of Arvind Kejriwal, the Aam Aadmi Party promises the following landmark initiatives in its Manifesto for 2020 Assembly Elections:
1. DELHI JAN LOKPAL BILL
Aam Aadmi Party had passed the Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill 2015 in Delhi Assembly in December 2015 and it is pending with the Central government since last 4 years. AAP resolves to continue its struggle to get the Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill passed by the Central government.
2. DELHI SWARAJ BILL
Delhi Government had approved the formation of 2,972 Mohalla Sabhas in 70 Assembly constituencies across the city in June 2016 as the first step in devolution of power to the people and making them direct participants in solving day-to-day issues affecting their quality of life. We will pursue with the Centre to bring in a strong Delhi Swaraj Bill that will formalize the roles and responsibilities of Mohalla Sabhas and ensure adequate funds and functions in the hands of the community.
3. DOORSTEP DELIVERY OF RATION
We will introduce doorstep delivery of ration as a revolutionary initiative to ensure dignity, transparency and accountability in supply of food ration and ensure food security for all.
4. TEERTH YATRA FOR 10 LAKH SENIOR CITIZENS
Our senior citizens have spent their entire lives in the upbringing of their children. They are hardly able to fulfill their own wishes such as visit to a holy site of pilgrimage. AAP has taken upon itself to fulfil the wishes of senior citizens. We will take 10 lakh senior citizens in Delhi for Teerth Yatras over the next 5 years.
5. DESHBHAKTI CURRICULUM
Building on the successes of Happiness Curriculum and Entrepreneurship Curriculum introduced in Delhi government schools, Deshbhakti Curriculum will be introduced.
6. SPOKEN ENGLISH FOR YOUTH
We will introduce spoken English, so skills and personality development classes for students who have completed their schooling from any Delhi school, government or private, in the last 5 years, to raise their employment opportunities and income potential.
7. WORLD’S LARGEST METRO NETWORK
We will extend Delhi’s metro network to 500 km making it one of the world’s largest metro networks and will connect several new areas such as Burari, Kirari, Bijwasan, Narela, Karawal Nagar, Mangolpuri and others.
8. YAMUNA RIVERSIDE DEVELOPMENT
Along with reviving Yamuna river, we will work together with the Central government to develop a beautiful riverside along the banks of Yamuna. This will play a big role in maintaining the Yamuna Eco-System and in creating a new tourist destination for Delhi.
9. WORLD CLASS ROADS
Well-designed, beautifully landscaped and safe roads that cater to the needs of all its users are essential features of a world class city. Delhi’s roads will be redesigned on these lines starting with a pilot of 40 km of roads within a year.
10. APPOINTMENT OF NEW SAFAI KARMACHARIS
Making Delhi’s streets clean isn’t possible without adequate number of Safai Karmacharis. We will ensure new appointments of Safai Karmacharis as per the 2011 census of Delhi’s population and taking into account the rapid expansion of residential colonies in Delhi.
11. COMPENSATION OF RS 1 CRORE FOR DECEASED SAFAI KARMACHARIS
Safai Karmacharis play the most important role in keeping the city clean. We salute their contribution and shall award a compensation of Rs 1 Crore to families of all those Safai Karmacharis who die while performing duty.
12. NO RAID RAJ
We shall continue providing a free and fair business environment without raid raj to all businesses in Delhi like in the past five years. We will work closely with the trade and business community with a spirit of trust and collaboration to strengthen Delhi’s economy.
13. PROTECTION FROM SEALING
We will continue to take all legal and administrative measures to put pressure on the Central government, DDA and MCD to not allow sealing of industries/shops and ensure that the sealed shops are opened.
14. UPGRADATION OF MARKETS AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS
We will allocate adequate funds for infrastructure development and upgradation of market and industrial areas.
15. RATIONALISATION OF CIRCLE RATES
We will carry out a comprehensive review and rationalization of circle rates across Delhi with actual market prices so that it protects the interests of the property owners.
16. AMNESTY FOR OLD VAT CASES
We shall bring out an amnesty scheme to dispose off old VAT cases that have been pending since 2017 or earlier.
17. 24X7 MARKETS IN DELHI
We will establish 24×7 markets on a pilot basis in key commercial areas where shops, restaurants etc. can remain open round the clock. This will make Delhi a bustling, 24×7 hospitable city and also contribute to tourism and overall economy.
18. ENHANCE WOMEN PARTICIPATION IN ECONOMY
We will undertake initiatives to connect housewives with job and business opportunities from or near their homes so that they can contribute to their household income as well as to Delhi’s and nation’s economic development. Women shall be provided access to cheap capital and requisite skills.
19. OWNERSHIP RIGHTS FOR RESETTLEMENT COLONIES
We shall pursue the Central government to ensure full ownership rights with freehold status for residents of resettlement colonies.
20. REGULARIZATION AND REGISTRY OF UNAUTHORIZED COLONIES
The Central government has still not regularized and changed the land-use of unauthorized colonies. AAP will continue to put pressure on Central government to ensure all of Delhi’s unauthorized colonies get regularized and home owners get proper registries for their houses.
21. SIMPLIFY CRITERIA FOR OBC CERTIFICATE
The current requirement of having an address proof of Delhi from or before 1993 for being eligible for an OBC certificate is retrograde. We will pursue the Central government to replace this with the requirement of an address proof in Delhi for the past 5 years.
22. DUE RECOGNITION FOR BHOJPURI
We shall pursue with Central government for Bhojpuri language to be included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India.
23. JUSTICE FOR VICTIMS OF 1984 ANTI- SIKH GENOCIDE
We will ensure that the findings of the Supreme Court appointed SIT under Justice SN Dhingra are acted upon promptly and the victims of the 1984 An – Sikh genocide get justice.
24. REGULARISATION OF CONTRACT EMPLOYEES
We will ensure all contractual employees employed with Delhi government are made permanent.
25. PRO-FARMER LAND REFORMS
We shall pursue with Central government to amend Sections 33 and 81 of the Delhi Land Reform Act to remove the unjust restrictions on farmers’ rights on their land and so that they can use it as per their wishes.
26. CONTINUED COMPENSATION TO FARMERS ON CROP LOSS
We will continue providing the highest compensation in the country of Rs 50,000 per hectare to farmers who suffer from crop loss.
27. LEGAL PROTECTION FOR STREET VENDORS
Delhi will become the first state in India to give legal protection to street vendors and hawkers. We will issue the certificate of vending within 6 months and set up international quality kiosks to prevent the harassment of street vendors at the hands of MCD and Delhi Police.
28. FULL STATEHOOD FOR DELHI
AAP will continue to push for full statehood for Delhi within the Constitutional framework using its social, political and moral authority. Our proposal for full statehood is defined in the draft State of Delhi Bill 2016 brought out by the current AAP government. The draft bill proposes that the New Delhi area (under the jurisdiction of New Delhi Municipal Council) which is of national and international importance, and has only 3% of Delhi’s population, be kept under the ambit of Central government. The rest of the areas will transition to a full state. This will bring in overall efficiency and democratic accountability in the administration of the national capital. It will also prove to be a long-term solution for issues like MCD-led sealing, deteriorating law and order, non provision of land for building new schools, colleges, clinics, hospitals etc.
You can download English and Hindi version of Aam Aadmi Party manifesto for 2020 Delhi assembly election below: